About Andrew Fredrickson
Andrew Fredrickson joined the Cotney Construction Law team in 2018. His practice is focused on various transactional matters, lien law, bond law, contract drafting & review, contract negotiation, and labor and employment law.
Andrew, coming from a blue-collar family, is rooted in the construction industry and he is the first attorney in his family. His father is a general contractor in California and his mother is a real estate agent in Florida. His maternal grandfather was an architect and graduate of Berkeley. His paternal grandfather was a mill right, machinist, and wood-worker. His Uncle is a general contractor in California. His other Uncle is a regional VP for a well-established mortgage company. Andrew himself also has hand on construction experience. In between high school and completing his education he did framing, flooring, and worked in a machine shop. He also held a Florida mortgage brokers license.
Andrew is licensed to practice in the state of California. Prior to joining Cotney Construction Law, Andrew was an in-house business and legal affairs attorney for large television and movie studios, where he dealt with all types of large transactional and employment matters in the entertainment industry, ranging from negotiating and hiring high level talent, including actors, directors, and producers, to complicated agreements between studios and third parties. Andrew brings a unique business and legal perspective to his practice having dealt with high level lawyers, agents, and executives in the entertainment industry on a daily basis.
- University of North Florida, B.A., Summa Cum Laude
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D.
- Skydance Media, Los Angeles, California, Director, Business and Legal Affairs, January 2017 – January 2018
- NBCUniversal Media, LLC , Universal City, California, Manager, Business Affairs, January 2014 – December 2016
- NBCUniversal, Inc., Universal City, California, Network Television Business Affairs Legal Intern, Feb 2013 – May 2013
- The State of California