About Brian Lambert
Brian is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar and devotes his practice to all facets of construction. Brian is originally from Oklahoma City and moved to Tampa in 1986, attending middle and high school locally. During high school and college, he worked part time alongside his mother, who was in charge of accounting at a small construction firm. There he learned the business of construction, was exposed to legal issues and ultimately met the firm’s counsel. This sparked his interest in construction law, leading him to intern at a construction firm during law school and take a position with a small law firm right out of law school that focused exclusively on construction.
During the past fifteen years since graduating law school in 2002, Brian has counseled clients on a host of issues involving virtually every aspect of the industry, including contract drafting at the inception of projects through payment disputes involving lien and bond claims. He has been involved in disputes involving scheduling, insurance, licensing, claims avoidance and other related matters. He further has handled a wide variety of complex construction disputes involving project delays, schedule acceleration, construction defects and differing site conditions as well. Aside from his construction experience, Brian has also been involved in a variety of commercial litigation disputes.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of South Florida, B.A.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, 2007-2010, Associate Attorney, 2011-2017, Partner
- Butler Pappas Weihmuller Katz Craig, LLP, 2004-2007, Litigation Associate
- McRae & Metcalf, P.A., 2003-2004, Litigation Associate
- State of Florida
- State of Texas
- All federal & state courts in Florida
- All state courts in Texas
HONORS & ACTIVITIES
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Construction Law
- Super Lawyers, 2012-2014, Rising Star
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Gulf Coast Chapter, Past Board Member, Current Legislative Chair
- Lutz Prepatory School, Board Member