About Jacqueline Feliciano
Jacqueline Nicole Feliciano joined Cotney Construction Law in 2018. As a Certified General Contractor and Master of Laws in Taxation, her practice encompasses construction law, tax law, and various transactional matters. Jacqueline specifically focuses on contract drafting, contract negotiation, lien law, business succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, and estate planning.
Jacqueline grew up in the construction industry and learned the trade from her father who has worked in construction for decades. Prior to joining Cotney Construction Law, Jacqueline worked as a Certified General Contractor. Jacqueline also worked in-house at Jabil Circuit, Inc. where she focused on various commercial transactions, while also working with the corporate secretary on corporate governance. Jacqueline left Jabil Circuit to work as a law clerk for Cotney Construction Law until she graduated law school. After graduating from law school, Jacqueline went on to pursue her passion of tax at the University of Florida and obtained her Master of Laws in Taxation with honors.
Jacqueline speaks English and Spanish fluently.
- University of Florida, B.A., cum laude
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M., cum laude
- Cotney Construction Law, Tampa, FL, June 2018, Associate Attorney
- Ashley Moody’s campaign for Attorney General, Tampa, FL, December 2017, Assistant Outreach Coordinator
- Feliciano Construction, Corp., Tampa, FL, June 2013, Certified General Contractor
- Trent Cotney, P.A., Tampa, FL, May 2016 – September 2017, Law Clerk
- Jabil Circuit, Inc., St. Petersburg, FL, September 2015 – May 2016, Law Clerk
- Florida Certified General Contractor (CGC#1518230)
- The Florida Bar, 2017
- Wills for Warriors, Volunteer
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (VITA)
Honors and Activities
- The Federalist Society
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Delta Phi Epsilon Honor Society
- Recipient of the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- Book Award in Federal Income Taxation II and Tied for Book Award in Commercial Transactions
- Two-time Recipient of National Association of Women in Construction’s Gaylene Plodzein Scholarship