About Jennifer Knight Lang
Jennifer joined Cotney Construction Law in February 2020 as an associate attorney in the Denver office, where she represents clients on a variety of construction law matters. Jennifer’s practice focuses on litigation, including construction defect, premises liability, contract disputes, and state and federal appeals. Prior to joining Cotney, Jennifer gained significant experience on construction defect matters involving both single and multi-family residential, and commercial and industrial construction projects.
Jennifer grew up in Massachusetts and Maine, where she continues to maintain strong family ties.
- University of Colorado Law School, J.D.
- University of Denver, University College, M.P.S., Healthcare Policy and Ethics
- University of Denver, B.A., Political Science with Honors, Minor in International Studies
- Wood, Smith, Henning & Berman, LLP, Highlands Ranch, Colorado, Senior Associate Attorney, October 2017 – February 2020
- Colorado Court of Appeals, Denver, Colorado, Judicial Law Clerk to Judge John Daniel Dailey, August 2016 – August 2017
- Burns, Figa & Will, P.C., Greenwood Village, Colorado, Law Clerk, May 2015 – May 2016
- Burg, Simpson, Eldredge, Hersh & Jardine, P.C., Englewood, Colorado, Research Assistant to Ron Sandgrund, Spring 2015
- Boulder District Attorney’s Office, Boulder, Colorado, Law Clerk, August 2014 – May 2015
- State of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- “Residential Construction Law in Colorado,” Burg, Simpson, Eldredge, Hersh & Jardine, P.C., 5th Edition, Spring 2015, Research Editor
Selected Professional and Civic Activities
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association Scholarship
- John Grund Memorial Scholarship
- National Mock Trial Team
- Southwest Mock Trial Competition, Semi-Finalist, 2016
- National Ethics Trial Competition, Quarterfinalist, 2015
- Women’s Law Caucus, President
- Political Science Departmental Distinction, 2011
- University of Denver Dean’s List, 2011