About Jill Dutmers
Jill M. Dutmers joined Cotney Construction Law in 2018. Her practice involves a variety of areas of construction law, with a focus on labor and employment law.
Jill first became involved in construction while working for a construction law firm in St. Petersburg, Florida, the summer after her second year of law school. After graduating from the University of Alabama School of Law, she began practicing construction law full-time.
Before joining Cotney Construction Law, Jill encountered a wide variety of legal experience from the public defender’s office to the civil litigation clinic at her law school. Jill continues to utilize this vast range of experiences to better assist her clients.
- University of Alabama, J.D.
- University of Central Florida, B.A., summa cum laude
- Cotney Construction Law, Tampa, FL, August 2018, Graduate Law Clerk
- Ingram Law, LLC, Birmingham, AL, January 2018 – May 2018, Law Clerk
- University of Alabama School of Law Civil Law Clinic, Tuscaloosa, AL, August 2017 – May 2018, Law Student Intern
- Moyer Law Group, St. Petersburg, FL, May 2017 – August 2017, Law Clerk
- Tuscaloosa County Public Defender’s Office, Tuscaloosa, AL, June 2016 – August 2016, Law Clerk
- The Honorable L. Scott Coogler, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, May 2016 – June 2016, Judicial Intern
- “Campus Drug Courts: How Universities May Be Best Equipped to Tackle Crime and Substance Abuse in Young Adults” 41 Law & Psychol. Rev. 191.
Honors and Activities
- University of Alabama Order of the Samaritan
- Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
- Managing Editor, University of Alabama Law & Psychology Review
- University of Central Florida Order of Pegasus Award
- University of Central Florida Honors College