Kyle Gretel practices in various areas of construction law, including construction licensing issues, lien law, bond law, contract review & drafting, and contract negotiation.
Kyle completed his undergraduate degree with a double major in Finance and Political science, and a minor in Criminology. During and after completing his undergraduate degree, Kyle worked for his mother’s Title Company gaining valuable business experience. During law school, Kyle initially clerked for a small boutique law firm in St. Petersburg working on a variety of construction law issues. Shortly after, Kyle began working for Cotney Construction Law in 2016 and has worked here since developing his knowledge of construction law.
While in law school, Kyle completed his MBA through Stetson University’s dual JD/MBA degree program. He also worked for Professor Torres-Spelliscy as a research assistant researching a variety of topics from general business law to dark money in political elections.
- Florida State University, B.S., cum laude
- Stetson University, Master of Business Administration
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Cotney Construction Law, Law Clerk, October 2016 – May 2018
- Stetson University College of Law, Research Assistant, May 2016 – May 2018
- Sole Law, Law Clerk, July 2016 – October 2016
- Distinctive Title Services, Inc., Escrow Officer, June 2009 – July 2015
Professional and Civic Activities
- Judge Alexander Paskay Bankruptcy Award
- Investment and Finance Law Association
- Dean’s List, Law School: Fall 2015, Fall 2016, Spring 2018
- Dean’s List, Undergraduate: 2009-2013
- Highest Grade Designation in Business Entities, Remedies, and Bankruptcy Seminar (2016, 2018, 2018)