About Natalia Gove
Natalia joined Cotney Construction Law in 2018 and focuses her practice on all aspects of US business and family immigration law, compliance and training. She handles complex corporate immigration cases for large multinational organizations and emerging companies in a variety of industries, including IT, banking, construction, manufacturing, engineering, science, healthcare, and biotech. Her experience includes preparation and filing of employment and family based visa petitions, applications for PERM alien labor certification, I-9 compliance, nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions, investment visas, consular processing, permanent residency and naturalization/citizenship matters. Natalia has experience in securing O-1, P-1 and P-3 visa approvals on behalf of individual artists, athletes, entertainers, scientists, as well as entertainment groups. She represents clients in filings with the Department of Labor, Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of State embassies and consular posts. She provides legal advice in connection with I-9 audits, E-Verify requirements and ICE investigations.
Natalia serves in leadership roles as the Co-Chair of the Immigration and International Law Committee of the Orange County Bar Association, Vice-Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Practice Management Committee, and the Co-Chair of the Naturalization Ceremony for the Orange County Bar Association Law Week Committee, an ABA award-winning program designed to demonstrate the community commitment in promoting legal education.
Prior to joining our firm, Natalia worked at a full-service corporate law firm representing and counseling employers and individuals in business and family immigration matters. She also served as a judicial extern at the Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review, Orlando immigration court where she researched legal issues, drafted court motions and decisions for the judges.
Natalia is qualified as interpreter for federal and state courts. She served as an interpreter for Mikhail Kalashnikov (Inventor of AK-47 assault rifle), Presidents of former USSR Republics, politicians, top level state officers, and executives.
Fluent in Russian, Natalia utilizes her diverse experience to represent client in various immigration matters.
- Florida A&M University College of Law, JD, magna cum laude
- University of Central Florida, BS, Legal Studies
- Lipetsk State Pedagogical University, MS, Linguistics/Foreign Languages, high honors
- Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, PA, 2012-2018, Immigration Attorney
- Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review, Orlando Immigration Court – 2012, Judicial Extern
- Independent Court Qualified Russian Interpreter, 2002-2008
- Registered to practice before the Executive Office for Immigration Review
- Co-Chair of the Immigration and International Law Committee of the Orange County Bar Association
- Vice-Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Practice Management Committee
- Co-Chair of the Naturalization Ceremony of the Law Week Committee of the Orange County Bar Association
- “A Proposal for Addressing Violations of Indigenous Peoples – Environmental and Human Rights in the Inter-American Human Rights System” University of Louisville Journal of Animal and Environmental Law – Brandeis School of Law, 2013
- Research Assistant to Professor Randall S. Abate, Article “NEPA, National Security, and Ocean Noise: The Past, Present, and Future of Regulating the Impact of Navy Sonar on Marine Mammals” published in the Journal of the International Wildlife Law and Policy, Fall 2010
- Immigration 2017: What Businesses Need to Know
- Immigration Laws Stifle US Business – OCBA Briefs; JD Supra, 2016
- Prepare H-1B Visa Petitions Now to Meet April 2016 Filing Deadline
- Immigration Policy Implications of the Repeal of DOMA
Honors and Activities
- Best Oral Advocate Award, 1st Inter-American Sustainable Development Moot Court, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Highest Grade Designation Awards in Constitutional Law, Civil Procedure, Property, Sales, Wills, Trusts and Estates, Florida Bar Law and Skills, Employment Discrimination, Legal Methods
- Senior Editor, Florida A & M Law Review
- Florida A& M University Law School Dean’s List
- Judge, American Mock Trial Association 2013 Regional Tournament, University of Central Florida
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Hispanic Bar Association