About Patrick Bickford
Patrick Bickford joined Cotney Construction Law in July 2018 as an Associate in the Tallahassee office. His practice involves a variety of areas of construction law, but most of his experience is in workers’ compensation, insurance, and contract law.
Patrick first became involved in construction while working for his father’s law firm, which represented several commercial developers operating throughout Florida and parts of South America. After graduating from the Florida State University College of Law, he practiced workers’ compensation defense representing a wide variety of employers in the construction industry and their insurance carriers.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of South Florida, B.S.
- Cotney Construction Law, Tallahassee, Florida, Associate Attorney, July 2018 – Present
- Rissman, Barrett, Hurt, Donahue, McLain & Mangan, P.A., Orlando, Florida, Associate Attorney, August 2017 – May 2018
- Florida Division of Administrative Hearings, Office of the Judge of Compensation Claims, Tallahassee, Florida, Commission Deputy Clerk, January 2016 – July 2017
- The Law Offices of Robert E. Bickford, P.A., Melbourne, Florida, Administrative Assistant and Investigator, October 2010 – August 2014
- Florida Bar (2017)
Selected Professional and Civic Activities
- FSU Law Business Certificate – Highest Honors
- FSU Law Dean’s List
- FSU Law Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award