About Richard N. “Ric” Asfar
Richard N. “Ric” Asfar is an AV-rated civil litigator and appellate advocate with over a dozen years of experience. He has represented individuals, government entities, and businesses of all sizes in a wide range of matters in Florida and California. As an admitted “law geek,” Ric uses his in-depth knowledge of the finer points of law to successfully advance his clients’ objectives.
Ric grew up in Queens, New York. After immigrating to America, Ric’s parents worked long hours operating a tailoring business one subway stop from Shea Stadium. They taught Ric to value hard work, and to go the extra mile for the client. Ric has strived to follow his parents’ example since youth. He got his first job at the age 13 delivering newspapers, and worked a number of full-time or near-full-time jobs to finance his college education.
Ric is a graduate of The University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. While at Pacific McGeorge, Ric served as a full-time student extern to the Honorable Consuelo M. Callahan of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, assistant comment editor for the Pacific McGeorge Global Business & Development Law Journal, and President of the Student Bar Association. Upon graduating from Pacific McGeorge, Ric was inducted into the Roger J. Traynor Honor Society, and awarded the “Outstanding Student Achievement Award” for his graduating class.
- The University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2006
- Baruch College, City University of New York, B.A., cum laude, 2002
- Cotney Construction Law, Tampa, FL, February 2019 – Present, Partner
- Vaka Law Group, Tampa, FL, 2015 – January 2019
- Saxon Gilmore & Carraway, P.A., Tampa, FL, 2009 – 2015
- Herum Crabtree Brown, Stockton, CA, 2006 – 2009
- The Florida Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- The California Bar (Inactive Status)